Monday, December 7, 2009

I had originally planned to better at this "Blogging" thing but it looks like I dropped the ball.  I did however, finally met with Marlene (who is my ghost writer and partner on a book venture) (and yes, it is about Nutrtition... but also the journey that I go on each day with my clients.)  Hopefully, women and men will be able to identify with the characters and learn a little something about their own behaviour with food.

I really do have to be more consistent with writing this blog as each and everyday I am floored with some other bad food product that I stumble over.  This weekend was a perfect example...after my meeting with Marlene, Rob and I headed down to the St. Lawrence Market for some organic vegetables.  As we cruised threw the market it bothered me how much meat was being sold...from beef to chicken, pork...Camel burgers, Kangaroo burgers...it was freaking me out!  I wanted to tell everyone not to eat it and get on my soap box and tell them the dangers to their bodies with all these grain fed animals.   Rob got tired of listening to me and told me he would have to come to the market by himself next time.  I guess I'm not really that much fun to hang around with afterall.  I guess I really am the Food Fun Sucker!

Rob and I did get some wonderful sprout salads.  (My next blog will outline the benefits of eatings sprouts).  We picked up all kinds of fresh organic vegetables.  When I cooked my dinner later that day I was actually floored by the colour and the amazing flavour of the organic sweet potato vs. the one's I get at my local grocery store. 

Evening came and Rob and I had Christmas parties to attend.  We did eat dinner at home first which was terrific it kept us from eating all the real calorie dense treats that come out at this festive time of year.  Most people gain up to 6 pounds over the holiday season so becareful...if you have a function in the evening make sure you still eat properly all day long.  Do not think that you should cut back during the day to have your calories in the evening  1.) you will overeat in the evening as you will now be ravinous   2.) your body requires nutrients and calories all day long ...every two hours at least!  3.) If you do not give your body calories you will store fat and your body will live off your muscle which is something we never want to attack.  If you give your body "0" calories your body will actually store fat!!  So remember to eat healthy snacks between meals.

Okay, enough preaching...the moral of this story..eat often, low calorie nutrient dense food and move around a lot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home