Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Update!

I have the greatest guy! I came home last night and I have to admit that my spirit was slightly broken. My basement is destroyed (although it will be fixed) it still looks like a war zone. As I walked towards the kitchen I was greeted by 12 long stem roses...pink and red. Rob suggested he could hear that my spirit had been broken in speaking with me during the day. This lifted my spirits completely...what a lucky gal I am...the women at the flower shop actually knows Rob as he buys me flowers often.


I have not written in two days but you know all kinds of interesting things have happened during that time. I went to the Wellness Connection on Tuesday to see my chiropractor Dr. Amanda...I love this girl!!! It would appear that my shoulder had to be put back into place after all my mopping from the flood. Dr. Amanda made everything right again (not sure what I would do without her and my massage therapist Twylla....these ladies are amazing). Twylla, Dr. Amanda and I are fixing my back!

As Dr. Amanda snapped me back into place (I know she hates when I call it that...it really is an adjustment but snapping sounds better I think) she reminded me of something that she had done last year and I just have to write about it. I had given a nutritional plan to Dr. Amanda and we were having one of our weekly meetings, I made some recommendations to her and gave her lots of snack ideas. She claimed she felt better after our talk and would carry on with her clean eating. After my appointment I went to pay my bill and I realized I had left my keys in Dr. Amanda’s office I headed back to her office and caught her red handed...taking a plate from under desk with birthday cake on it. BUSTED!!! Talk about “shock and awe”....I couldn’t believe it and I’m sure Dr. Amanda couldn’t believe she was busted either!!! We had a pretty good laugh over that one.

On Tuesday night my best friend Lynda (I call her Monte) came over dinner...she is moving to Burlington next week. Burlington feels like it is on the other side of the planet. I will miss her! Of course we talk everyday...we call it “therapy” and we have been having therapy sessions for 15+ years...we have been through a bunch of things together and still remain needing each other. I love her. We are the same age ...only days apart so we constantly compare this “aging” thing and what we are currently experiencing. We collectively decided that if one more Doctor tells us “it’s an age thing” we are surely going to kick them in shin  Rob made us healthy nacho’s for dinner...it is Monte’s favourite ( I love it too). So I’m sure your thinking what the hell are “healthy” nacho’s: organic ground chicken meat, Eden organic black beans, tons of veggies, fat free cheese and we use Salba Smart gluten free tortilla chips....they too are organic and low in sodium (my good friend and client Marlene turned me onto these) (they are available in the “Organic” isle at the Super Centre or Loblaws). We use organic salsa and organic yogurt in place of sour cream...taste the same but this way you do not get all the hormones or antibiotics from the “factory farms” and you get lots of acidophilus (good gut bacteria). Makes for terrific poops and you know how much Dr. Oz wants you to have good poops.

Off to the hair dresser Wednesday morning. I packed: one taste of nature bar, 1 banana, 1 apple, ..I love my colourist – April, at Valentino’s located in Whitby. April always tell me she eats well for the 2 weeks after my appointment. This time she did one better and brought me her plate from lunch to get my approval. I was pleased to see the great choices she had made. As I sat under the dryer bleaching out my hair I proceeded to nibble on all my great snacks I had with me...after all I am at the salon for 3 hours ...there is no way I can go that long without food. Ahhhhaaa, once again never get caught empty handed...always take snacks wherever you go!!! Holy crap can you believe I have been colouring my hair since grade 9? I first tried “Sun-In”...how many of you remember that stuff?

It’s now Sunday and the house is quite so I finally have time to write. This weekend my daughter Desiree came over and took care of about 8 hours of admin work for my company. I can’t tell you how much extra time this bought me to take care of the other million things I needed to do....I’m sure you can all appreciate that  As well, we hired her boyfriend Christopher to paint. Since the floors are now gone from my home we took advantage of that and had Christopher paint the basement. This is a big job and he has worked his butt off...it looks great. If anyone needs a painter this guy is professional, hard worker and affordable...great job.

I went to the St. Lawrence market on Saturday and picked up the fixings’ to make the Sweet Potato Chili....I got all organic ingredients and my favourite sprout salads. We picked up some sea bass and asparagus and Rob made some red quinoa dish which was amazing. While he prepared dinner I made the chili, it was so easy and today Desiree, Christopher and I had it for lunch today. It was so good so I have posted the recipe below. After making it for myself, I decided to add some fresh Kale (dark leafy greens...in fact the most nutritious of them all) to the pot just for the extra kick in the nutrient ass. I almost actually fell off my chair when I heard Desiree say she loved it. She was also eating my Stonemill bread that she first stuck her nose up at and now was dunking it in balsamic vinegar (I do that too...I love it, way better than butter and better for you). I just swell inside when I see anyone eat good food.

Just a quick Yoga update 3 sessions in this week, not 4 like I was hoping for each week but pretty good for a girl that had that crap beaten out of her mentally and emotionally. I feel myself getting stronger already. Got back to my fighting weight (pre Jamaica) by Friday night this weekend but then Rob brought me M&M’s and you know I ate them. Oh my god they were so good ...especially after a brutal week. I didn’t eat any on Saturday night ...had a migraine and now I need to get through the two football games on TV today...wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2010 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Dances With Dogz said...

ah yes.. "Sun In" - I do remember that... glistening streaks of "orange"! lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home