Monday, February 22, 2010

One Stomach Flu Away From My Target Weight!

One stomach flu away from my target weight!


So I came home on Wednesday night last week feeling fine....I went to sleep that night and was awaken by the WORST stomach pain I had ever experienced. I proceeded to have the worst 12 hours that I can remember...I thought I either have food poisoning or stomach flu...how can you really tell the difference, the symptoms are so similar. Of course while I was home throwing up we had the floor guy in our home putting in our new floors in the kitchen and front hallway. This stranger had the pleasure of hearing the violent acts of being sick to your stomach all day long. Friday, I also had to stay home as I had not consumed any calories for 24+ hours so I felt like I had been hit by a truck.

The floor guy was back on Friday and today I could lie on the couch so we were in the same rooms all day. He was someone’s dad...he told me he had four children. He brought me Tylenol flu and insisted I take it for the pain in my stomach...it was sure nice having someone home to take care of me in my time of need. I would have loved my Mom –“kick the can Gan” or Rob but the floor guy did a great job in a pinch. He went and got me tea later in the morning...and don’t forget I have NO kitchen while having this nasty bug. As he returned with my Tea the Tiger Woods speech came on we watched together and then shared our views on the subject with each other.

Interestingly, later on the evening news they were interviewing the general public on their opinion of the speech and Tiger’s reputation. One woman said “he will have a tough time with his female fan base...women are mad at him” – Rob indicated that no men were EVER mad at Tiger. Men really are from Mars!

Saturday morning I got up and had some breakfast - Kashi Go Lean and Fibre One cereal with rice milk. I had to throw half of it out as my eyes were bigger then my stomach currently. Nothing like a weigh in after the flu....this was my personal best. Of course this not a way to get your weight down and the weight I lost was mostly water and of course my muscles were attacked to sustain the calorie need of just my organs. But hey, if you’re a woman and you see those pleasing numbers on the scale you feel good inside no matter how you got there.

Okay, enough about me how about something interesting about exercise and calories. Did you know that the best exercise is Interval Training.- alternating burst of high-intensity activity, such as walking on the treadmill for 3 minutes and jogging on the treadmill for 1 minute. This revs up your metabolism so you become a fat burning machine. Or there is always option “B” one of my best girlfriends – Diane but we all call her Catwoman says her best weight loss program is “Anxiety and Activia” LOL. Now this is coming from my friend who has only made me dinner once in 10 years. BUT did manage to feed me “Two Bite Brownies” for dinner time and time again. This was a period when we were both single and she lived right at Yonge & Bloor in a condo in Toronto.- doesn’t get much better than that. Hopefully, her husband is being fed better  LOL. Gee’s thinking about her and all our fun times...that really was a special time in my life, I will cherish those memories forever...she knows all my dirty little secrets! Catwoman is my daughter Desiree’s God mother – good pick! Funniest woman I’ve ever met and when Monte, Catwoman and I meet up my stomach usually aches from laughter...we feed off each other. By the way I’m Dr. Josie. Don’t ask why we all have these crazy nick names we just do...were girls at the end of the day. But through good times and bad, good boyfriends and bad boyfriends we all love each other. Monte, my other best friend/therapist just found out last week that she will be a grandmother again – this time a little boy. I’m so jealous I can’t wait to be a grandmother. Our daughter’s Shannon and Desiree are born on the same day same year. We went through all their crazy teenage times together – thank god!!!!!!!

So just like me I got totally off topic and really offered you very little nutritional or exercise advice in this blog and now I must get ready and get to the gym and see my clients. I will get something interesting up for you this week...I promise. Until then nourish – heal – live and move around a lot.

2 Comments:

At February 24, 2010 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Arlene said...

Sorry to hear about the stomach flu Terri, heard its been going around. Knock on wood it doesn't catch me, but what you said was so true and just so crazy! Funny how when we are sick for some reason that's when I like to find myself hopping on that scale! Yes I know its just water weight being lost but damn it feels so good to see those numbers drop and then putting a pair of jeans that aren't so snug! BUT its only for that moment! LOL Thanks for the good read!

 
At April 7, 2010 at 7:54 PM , Anonymous Magda said...

Hilarious.. I use whatever excuse to make myself feel better too.
The dirty little secrets.. ahhh the good old days! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home