Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sorry for the delay!

Have you ever met someone who you think you were just supposed to meet? Well, I met Lil and I want to tell you all about her as she is a breast cancer warrior! She like many others kicked the crap out of cancer but then was left to figure out the rest on her own. I can’t even imagine what that whole experience was like for her as a single mom. I met Lil at Renew Yoga in Ajax. Since I work so many nights I am only able to do the Yoga at our wonderful gym on Thursday and Sunday mornings...and since I need Yoga 4 times a week I had to make other arrangements as well. Both places have wonderful gentle yoga programs!


Lil heard me speaking with the owner of Renew Studio...Dee, I mentioned that I was a nutritionist. Lil had been told that she needed lose 50 pounds. Lil’s breast cancer was estrogen related so it is imperative we get the excess weight off her as body fat is also filled with estrogen. Lil has her first weigh in tomorrow; I did see her 3 days after starting the 10 Weeks To Wow! Nutritional Weight Loss Program and already she noticed a difference....she was having normal, healthy bowel movements finally. Yippee!! You know how happy this makes me; I know how good it is making her feel. I’m going to keep you up to date on her progress.

Last night I see on TV a commercial for Grey Power car insurance....I think to myself I remember when my parents signed up for that insurance. They were 50 and it seemed old to me...ha ha I will be 46 this year, what the hell is going on I ask myself...how did this happen? Today I went to the Doctor and he told me I was peri-menopausal, I thought they were going to hand me glasses and a cane on the way out of the office. Thank god my eyes have hung in there...still rockin the 20/20 vision...must be all those carrots and spinach I eat...they are loaded with Lutein. Lutein is an important natural antioxidant that may help your eyes stay healthy while maintaining the health of your skin.

The insurance company came today and painted the laundry room and the furnace room that were both ruined in the flood. The walls have all been painted so now we are waiting for the new floors and the basement will be finished. This weekend the ugly kitchen starts to get destroyed...I can’t wait. Rob is so good, he is so organized...he basically picked out most of the colours...I don’t care...he is the cook so he should have it the way he likes it. We did both like the same counter top...although I really just need a cutting board to make the food I eat...mostly raw LOL.

I was really pleased to see so many of my client’s current and past at Yoga this past Sunday. I’m glad you have felt inspired to try it out. I also got a Facebook update from one of my very long time friends...actually we have been friends since grade 5. She too is a cancer warrior and she also tried Yoga for the first time last week....its amazing exercise. Think how stiff you are now and just remind yourself how much stiffer you will become as you age. Remember when we all go to “Shady Acres” (the nursing home our kids will send us to) you want to be able to walk to Bingo...you do not want to be the man or woman tied to the bar in the hallway because so brittle you might break  Stretch, stretch, stretch!

Many days have passed and I was unable to get this blog posted. So here is a Lil update...she lost 3.4 pounds first week and did pretty well with her eating. Today is Wednesday and now Lil will have her second weigh in. She needs to not skip any servings in the day so her body never stores her fat. The basement is finished and the ugly kitchen has been half demolished..my house is filled with dust but I’m trying really hard not to freak out and keep my eye on the prize....a beautiful kitchen only weeks away!

My mom came to stay with me this weekend and left only today  We call my mom “Kick The Can Gan” (Gan is short for Ganny as my daughter Desiree couldn’t get Granny out when she was a wee child). My mom has that name because she is the one person you can call when you’re having a bad day. She will help you kick that can right across the floor...as Desiree would say. She always makes you feel better. Sunday night we watched the Michael Jackson documentary – This Is It! No one else would watch it with me. My mom knows how much I loved MJ...I grew up with him; damn I use to watch The Jackson 5 cartoons Saturday morning’s. I loved his music, what a lost treasure. Now if my Dad is reading this he will wonder why I love him...he has his own thoughts on the subject....and that’s okay too. My mom danced all over the living room while we watched. I was so proud of her for having that gorgeous figure at her age. She goes to Curves 3 days a week and has had 490 workouts. I noticed while she danced that her body was strong and not frail at all....good for her.

While driving around with my daughter Jennifer we were discussing her new semester that is beginning in school today. She has English, Math, Science and Auto shop....no Gym class....and I know that she had no Gym class in the first semester. That means she will get no physical activity until “maybe” the fall of this year. This is not acceptable to me....it should me mandatory that EVERY student takes Gym class. We have this epidemic with Obese children...this is the first time that children will not outlive their parents. And the school system seems to think it is okay if you never get any physical activity. I remember in grade 6...we would have to say the Lord’s Prayer, sing O’Canada and then dance to the Bay City Rollers before we could begin our day...what happened to the good old days???

1 Comments:

At February 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terri - I've been told about your blogs and how honest, informative and wonderfully entertaining they are. So, I had to check it out..

What a great blog you have going. I look forward to the next.

Thanks for putting that smile on my face.

I hope your reno gets done to your satisfaction. Keep up the great work at the club and on this blog.

All the best!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home