Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Keg - don't read if you don't want this restaurant spoiled for you!!!

Tuesday night we: Rob, Jennifer and I headed out to Oshawa to pick up my daughter Desiree from work and have a family dinner. Since we have no kitchen at the moment we opted for The Keg. Who doesn’t love a night out at The Keg? Although, I don’t eat meat I usually can find something to nibble on there. The problem for me is watching everyone else and the poor choices they make. I’m not talking specifically about my family; I like to look around at all the tables nearby.


So here is something that I bet most of you didn’t know about The Keg; unless you’re one of my clients you know that I’ve already “sucked the fun” out of The Keg for you! For all others; you know that beautiful little sour dough bread that they bring you right when you sit down – one piece of that bread has 170 calories and that is without butter! Now if you decide to add a salad to start your meal and you choose the Caesar salad you have now added another 350 calories and 4 grams of fat and over 600 mg of sodium. Again, your daily intake of sodium is 1500 mg! Have a peak below and add up the calories, fat grams and of course sodium of a meal that you may typically have at The Keg. Don’t forget to include your “Keg Size” cocktails. Now you will see why I find it better to eat at home...I think you will be blown away once you read the information below! You might also find it quite interesting what you think is a healthy meal for your children is really nothing but a salt lick!

Starters and Soup
 

Salads

 
Steaks and Prime Rib
 
 
Seafood

Chicken and Ribs
 

Sides and Veggies


Desserts
 

Bar Menu

Kids Menu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home