Friday, January 21, 2011

January 17th!

January 17th!




This day is special to me as it is my father’s birthday…we call him Big Ern! He has given me a life of love, laughter, fun, and support and also taught me the true meaning of loving Football and sports in general. My father and I have spent more time watching Football together than most father and daughter’s I know. My dad calls me on Sunday at 4:00 pm after our Buffalo Bills play. We either celebrate or kick the can…and let me tell you there has been a lot of kicking the can in the past few years. We are always happy when they beat Miami …that’s our nemesis. BUT, we never give up on our team regardless! I hope he has a special day today and I’m sure glad I got to see you on Saturday and celebrate with you (I love you Papa). On the weekend when I was having lunch with my dad he pulled a photo out of his wallet…it was of him and I when I was a baby. That touched my heart….to think Big Ern still carries this photo with him priceless!

Well it’s half way through the month and I have kept up my 2011 resolution and have been lifting weights 5x days a week, yoga 2x a week (would like 3) and cardio 7x days a week……then I got a Throat Infection so I have not done any exercise since last Thursday  Never fails you get on a good groove with your exercise and then you get kicked back down. Prior to this though I was really feeling the benefit of lifting weights on my body. I will get back there, and my muscles will remember. The worst part though is starting again with the squats and lunges ….if you are a member of our gym you know how painful those stairs are when your legs are hurting lol

My other resolution you didn’t know about was that I gave up sugar for the month of January. I had so much chocolate at Christmas and gained 3 pounds…that’s 10500 calories in chocolate (yikes). Finally, back to my fighting weight but it took hard work and a very strict diet so be patient with your body. Just because you plan in your head to lose weight and start exercising doesn’t mean your body will work at the same pace as your vision. Build muscle, it’s your secret weapon! So day 17 and no chocolate, it’s not easy and temptation is everywhere even in my home. On day nine Pillsbury cookies were made and the smell almost pushed me over the edge but I hung on and now I’m on the other side of the month…I will make it. When I set that type of goal I can do it…I quit smoking 7 years ago Jan 2, 2004…quit eating red meat 5 years ago! You can reach your goals too, just write them down and write down your strategy on how you will reach those goals and tackle one at a time. Just tell yourself you never want day 1 again, it’s usually the worst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home